Tuesday, March 30, 2010

breathing update #2

    So, the botox started to kick in Saturday night and by Sunday morning it had fully kicked in.  I can breath quite a bit better.  Before, I could only walk at a snail's pace without being in danger of passing out.  Now, I can walk at a normal pace without any problems and do other light acitivities.  I don't think I could go workout or anything that strenuous.  My vocal chords are still closing together if I breathe too deeply too quickly, but not the rest of the time.  I can finally get a deep breathe so long as I do it slowly.
   The downsides:  I can barely even whisper, and if I try to talk too much, I can't even do that.  I had to buy a wireless keyboard for school so I can type what I need to say to the kids onto the smart board.  I can't cough.  When I try, I sound like I've been smoking all my life and I can't quite.  I can hardly drink anything without choking, and therefore going into a coughing fit.
   I'm hoping that these drawbacks will subside a little, but that I will still be able to breathe ok, but we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment